Arvind Movva, MD
Chief Executive Officer of Gastroenterology Consultants, Arvind Movva, M.D., joined the practice upon completion of his fellowship in Gastroenterology at Medical College of Georgia in June 2010. He offers a full range of gastroenterology care and procedures including ERCP/EUS, hemorrhoidal banding and cures for Barrett’s esophagus.
A sophisticated blend of science and technology can have enormous impact in those areas. “Radiofrequency ablation of precancerous change in the esophagus, knows as Barrett's Esophagus, can easily and safely reduce the risk of developing cancer,” he says. “Colon cancer is highly preventable by the periodic detection and removal of colon polyps via colonoscopy. And hemorrhoids, while not life threatening, can be significantly life altering. Today we have a painless, prep-less technique for eliminating hemorrhoids without any downtime and without the need for a patient to find a driver. This advance makes it unnecessary for anyone to suffer from hemorrhoids.”
Dr. Arvind Movva was born in New York City while his father, Dr. Rao V. Movva, finished medical training. He moved to the Quad Cities with his family in 1980 and lived here until leaving for Boston University. Dr. Movva received his medical degree from The Chicago Medical School. He completed his internship and residency in Internal Medicine at the University of Illinois Medical Center, Chicago and a fellowship in Gastroenterology and Hepatology at the Medical College of Georgia.
He and his wife are the parents of four children- Deva, Anjayya, Vishnu and Sita. He enjoys travel, skiing, golf and is an avid sports fan. His first work experience was at Gastroenterology Consultants, where he helped to clean beds, file charts, move patients, and clean scopes.
- Licensed in Illinois, Iowa and Georgia
- Assistant Medical Director, Gastroenterology Consultants
- Assistant Medical Director, Regional Surgicenter
- Assistant Medical Director, Valley View Anesthesia
- Assistant Medical Director, Midwest Clinical Research Associates
- Consultant, Movva Medical Consulting
- American Gastroenterological Association
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Illinois State Medical Society
- Rock Island County Medical Society
- American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin
American Association of Gastroenterologists of Indian Origin